Everybody is talking about the Highway 127 Yard Sale, which is The World’s Longest Yard Sale (Thursday August 7 – Sunday August 10, 2014) and consists of thousands of yard sales and garage sales. Imagine one road lined with mile after mile of estate sales. How much treasure can you fit in your vehicle?
But, the event is almost 700 miles long and spans 6 states, so where is a garage sale shopper to begin?! Here the Garage Sale Academy discusses the top 5 places to go at the Highway 127 yard sale in countdown style.
5. Eagle Lake, KY: This gathering of over 1000 vendors features indoor air conditioned flea market, 34 acres of outdoor yard sales and clean restrooms. There are also restaurants and even an Amish stand called ‘Mary’s’ that sells the best fried pies in the South.
4. Van Wert, OH: An excellent grouping of yard sales and some of the best deals along the 172 Corridor Sale. A popular area for free-style mobile yard sale hosts.
3. Gadsden, AL and Addison, MI: Besides being great photo ops because both ends of the longest yard sale feature large signs, both towns have events to kick off the sale and lots of garage sales nearby. Besides, it’s always hot in mid-August, so Michigan is often the coolest location.
2. Dunlap, TN: Tons of sales and the prices are great. Not too far from Chattanooga for lodging, but a real southern small town feel. The folks are friendly and items are prices to move. Plus, it’s near the middle of the World’s longest garage sale, so you can go wither way.
1. The Highway 127 Yard Sale headquarters in Jamestown, TN: The Fentress County Chamber of Commerce is the host of the event, with tons of information on the sale and where to go. Also, fun souvenirs and T-Shirts for the world’s longest garage sale. There are tons of yard sales in the area and many vendors set up days before the event starts on Thursday. A must-see.